Monday, November 23, 2009

Figurines: Lame Bird and Lunging Vampire

It has been a while since I posted any painted miniatures. This is for two reasons.

First, it is football season, which tends to cut an entire day out of possible painting time, so it is a lot more slow going.

Second, I had recently painted a bird figure, but it was a disaster. I was going for a Prairie Falcon (I love doing North American birds of prey). This is what it was supposed to look like:


Unfortunately, it came out like this:

I'm sorry, what was that? Picture too small to see how well I did? What a terrible Blogger "accident".

Instead of looking at that, let's look at my recently finished "Lunging Vampire" which I think turned out a whole lot better:

I love this figure because he is charging at his foe, and he has a great facial expression. He was fun to paint and surprisingly easy.

Here is from a side view. I tried to do his two swords very differently - getting an old school metal look on his falchion and a weird alien-metal kind of feel for his strangely-shaped broadsword by starting with an undercoat of metallic blue.


I did a good job on his face, I think. Here is the "he's coming right at me!" pose.


Remember, kids. If you are out hunting vampires without tags or out of season, always yell "he's coming right at me!" before firing your crossbow.

Of course, this guy is wearing full plate mail and looks like he knows how to handle both his swords pretty well, so you're probably dead at this point. Die, poacher!










No comments: