Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Figurine: Black Dragon

I haven't got a lot of music reviews this week because I'm busy grokking a new band so I can better enjoy their show on Friday. I'd tell you who it was, but that would spoil the surprise when I review their new album and the concert!

So instead...an occasional miniature! Here is a black dragon figurine for your viewing excitement. Scroll down if you'd rather just read music reviews.

I worked on this guy for quite a while. He was very badly cast and required a serious amount of carving and refitting to even glue together:
I also built the base from scratch. I was originally going to do a swampy pool, but working with the low-temperature melted plastic is annoying so I went more woodland/ruins.
The wings on this guy are metal, and I lived in constant fear of him breaking while I was maneuvering him around to paint.
Here he is, looking all snarly. I'm guessing he didn't get a lot of hugs as a kid, probably on account of all the pointy bits.
 Close up the head and signs of bad oral hygiene:
 And the obligatory "He's coming right at me!" pose.
Don't worry; he's just a model.

Back to music in a couple of days!



No comments: